Appears on the 1875 map and still exists today!
Former location of the Panther Store. There is a historical marker nearby.
This theater opened in 1952 and was demolished in the 1980s.
Drained, possibly in the 1920s?
Built in 1921
Third site of the Des Moines Golf and Country Club, later Dowling High School. Built in the 1920s...
Check the 1960s map.
Active around 1885
A large coal mine in operation from 1921 - 1949.
Built in 1850, Jordan House was used as part of the Underground Railroad.